What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video communications tool. It has an easy, reliable platform for video and audio conferencing and collaboration. Zoom can be used across mobile devices, laptops, and desktops.
Steps to start using Zoom
1. Check that your chosen device meets system requirement:
- Technical requirements for using Zoom
- Internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
2. Download Zoom:You have three options on how to use Zoom:
- PC/Mac (recommended): download Zoom Desktop Client.
- Click here to start automatic download: https://zoom.us/support/download
- Mobile: download app
- iOS: download Zoom Cloud Meetings app on the App Store
- Zoom Cloud Meetings app (available on Google Play)
- Zoom web client:
- Zoom Web Client (prerequisite for browser exists) doesn’t require you to download anything, however limitations in features apply
3. Sign up for a free Zoom account here: zoom.us/signup
4. Once downloaded:
Your teacher will have a unique link to their virtual classroom, which you'll receive a few days before your class start date. Please read through the guide below before your first class on how to sign in and join the meeting.
- If you’ve downloaded Desktop Client on Windows or Mac: Getting Started on Windows and Mac
- If you’re using the Zoom app on Chromebook OS: Getting Started On Chrome OS
- If you’re using a mobile app:
- Zoom Support: Zoom Video Communications Technical Support